(view resume as PDF)
M.A. in Development Studies: Sustainable Development, Distinction, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Republic of South Africa, 2002
Coursework in Ethics and Public Policy, 4.0, Harvard University, Massachusetts (MA), 1999
B.A., Anthropology; B.M Violin Performance, Cum Laude, Rice University, Texas, 1998
2016-present: Senior Consultant, Energy Futures Group, Hinesburg, Vermont (VT)
2011-2015: Executive Director, Renewable Energy Vermont, Montpelier, VT
2008-2011: Program Manager, Vermont Energy Investment Corporation, Burlington, VT
2004-2008: Program Coordinator, Massachusetts Department of Fish and Game, Boston, MA
2002-2004: Environmental Educator & Park Ranger, Town of Brookline, MA & Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve, MA
Gabrielle Stebbins is a Senior Consultant at Energy Futures Group in Hinesburg, Vermont where her interest is in bringing together the energy efficiency and renewables realms through policy analysis and program design and implementation. Prior to joining EFG, Gabrielle served as Executive Director to Renewable Energy Vermont (REV), the state trade association representing hundreds of solar, wind, hydro, geothermal and biomass businesses actively building a clean energy future in Vermont. In this capacity, she led REVs energy policy work in the legislative and regulatory realms on a variety of issues including, but not limited to, the development and modification of Vermont’s Feed-In-Tariff and Renewable Portfolio Standard, Net-Metering program, energy permitting process, licensure requirements and renewable incentive and tax structures while also increasing membership 200%.
Representing all renewable energy technologies of all sizes, and a variety of stakeholders from independent developers to transmission utilities, provided Gabrielle with both detailed understanding of and interaction in local and state energy market issues as well as regional energy planning issues. Her experience in working with federal and local delegates on energy-related issues makes her frequently sought out as a presenter and speaker for energy conferences, debates and educational forums. Previously, she was a Program Manager at Vermont Energy Investment Corporation where she managed a variety of innovative programs including the Vermont Renewable Energy Incentive Program, Efficiency Vermont’s Community Energy Project, Efficiency Vermont’s Biomass Incentive Development and Green Mountain Power’s School Photovoltaic Challenge. She is the founder and a board member of the Renewable Energy Vermont Education Fund and serves on the Burlington Electric Commission.
- Clean Energy Development Fund.. On behalf of renewable industry, provided data and analysis to support various incentive structures for solar PV, solar hot water, small wind and biomass incentives. 2011-2015.
- Efficiency Vermont Biomass Incentive. Assisted in the design and development of the state efficiency utilities first incentive provided to pellet heating systems. 2011.
- Efficiency Vermont Winter Electrical High Use Project.. Implemented a program targeted on high electricity consumers during winter time period, resulting in specific efficiency savings opportunities. 2008-2009.
- Establishment of Solar Tax Certainty at Local and State Level.. Worked with state and local entities to determine a fair approach to establishing state and local tax levels for solar, including coordinating the oversight of legislative passage of these taxes. 2012-2014.
- Green Mountain Power School Photovoltaic Challenge.. Designed and implemented a school lighting efficiency program aligned with a solar PV award. 2008-2010.
- Investigation into the Potential Establishment of Sound Standards.. Led the strategic assessment, coordination, review, assessment, commenting and testimony in a proceeding investigating the health impacts of sound resulting from energy generation facilities (Docket 8167). 2013-2015.
- Permitting Reform. Represented the renewable industry regarding permitting requirements, seeking opportunities for streamlining redundancies while maintaining environmental protection before the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources, and before the Vermont Legislature regarding Public Service Board processes. 2013-2015.
- RE2011, RE2012, RE2013, RE2014, RE2015 Conference and Expo. Hosted and led the strategic vision and program planning for Vermont’s largest annual renewable energy policy conference encompassing the thermal, electric and transportation energy sectors and incorporating all renewable energy and efficiency technologies from residential to commercial and industrial users, evaluating local, state and regional energy trends. 2011-2015.
- Vermont Community Energy Mobilization Project.. Designed, implemented and evaluated a volunteer-executed, “neighbor-to-neighbor” weatherization and efficiency program. 2008-2010.
- Vermont Comprehensive Energy Plan. Responsible for leading review and commenting on state energy plan on behalf of renewable industry. 2011-2015.
- Vermont Energy Generation Siting Policy Commission.. On behalf of wind industry, led review, anaylsis and commenting on statewide siting commission study and report. 2012-2013.
- Vermont Net-Metering Program.. On behalf of the Vermont renewable energy industry, convened and oversaw the review, assessment, commenting and provided ongoing testimony on the continual development, legislative process and regulatory structure of Vermont’s Net-Metering Program before Vermont Legislature, Vermont Public Service Department and Vermont Public Service Board (Rule 5.100 Pursuant to Act 99 of 2014). 2011-2015.
- Vermont Renewable Development Fund.. Served as the renewable energy industry representative on Vermont Board overseeing funds and programs related to farm methane projects. 2011-2015.
- Vermont Renewable Energy Standard.. On behalf of the Vermont renewable energy industry, convened and oversaw the review, assessment, commenting and provided ongoing testimony on the initial development, legislative process and regulatory structure of Vermont’s Renewable Energy Standard before Vermont Legislature (Act 56 of 2015), Vermont Public Service Department and Vermont Public Service Board (Docket 8550). 2011-2015.
- Vermont Small Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program. On behalf of Vermont Public Service Department, administered the Vermont Small Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program including providing analysis and review of program results to inform incentive structure modifications. 2008-2011.
- Vermont Solar and Wind Partnership Program. Responsible for the oversight, implementation and ongoing modification of the industry-led, peer-review program for solar, small wind, small hydro and biomass installers. 2011-2015.
- Vermont Standard Offer Program.. On behalf of the Vermont renewable energy industry, led review, assessment, commenting and testimony on the Vermont Standard Offer Program (Vermont’s Feed-In-Tariff) design structure, implementation and results before Vermont Legislature, Vermont Public Service Department and Vermont Public Service Board (Docket 7873/7874). 2011-2015.
- Vermont State Wood Energy Team.. Represented the Vermont wood heat industry as a grant partner under the U.S. Forest Service to increase the growth of a robust Vermont biomass industry, identifying market barriers and developing a five-year Industry Action Plan. 2013-2015.
- Vermont System Planning Committee. Provided review and comments as the “supply-side representative” on the Vermont System Planning Committee, the first statewide collaborative process for addressing electric grid reliability planning, administered by the Vermont Electric Power Company. 2011-2014.
- Zero Energy Now! (ZEN!) Design and implement comprehensive residential energy retrofits incorporating renewables and efficiency on behalf of Building Performance Professionals Association of Vermont (BPPA-CT) for Green Mountain Power. 2016.
- Board Director, Burlington Electric Commission, (Vermont), 2014 – present
- Founder and Board Director, Renewable Energy Vermont Education Fund, (Vermont), 2013 – present